drive wheels are locked and right drive tire is slightly inverted?

spyder623

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / drive wheels are locked and right drive tire is slightly inverted?
any ideas what happened? had to use come along to load on trailer. took it to dealer, but no call as of yet. still under warranty!

dfbroxy

Threads
Please post make and model so we can make more than just a guess.

spyder623

Forum Newbie
Threads
magnum 2250 kaw Dixie Chopper 2016 year

dfbroxy

Threads
Now that we know that you have a Dixie Chopper some of the experts can chime in. Im just a back yard wrench turner myself and have never had this problem yet but I can guess. On right side pump the axel may have broke, or the mounting bracket for it. This is only a guess and prob wrong. Dont sweat it untill you hear back from the shop.

spyder623

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the reply. I'm just thinking how some companies try to put it back on you, saying it voided the warranty! hope it's not the case but I've heard the horror stories on utube.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have checked lots of reviews of that mower and see nothing about the drive system other than it being jerky. Oh and very long wait times on getting it fixed.

dfbroxy

Threads
https://www.dixiechopperpartsdistri...num/2017_MAGNUM_-_31_-_BRAKE_COMPONENTS.PDF/y

Check out this page. I think this may be where your problem lies. Your parking brake looks to be connected together to both hydros, if one locks both locks. Somewhere in that complicated picture something is amiss and wont let the park brake unlock. The inverted tire may be where you winched it on the trailer the hydro came out of adjustment or it may have been sitting funny when you looked at it. Keep us posted, as this is a learning post for me too.

spyder623

Forum Newbie
Threads
just talked to dealer. it was bracket of right hydro! broke and caused a cascade of other things due to be going full speed up hill. Fully under warranty. What a blessing! Thank you Lord!!! Thank you for the input!

John R

Threads
just talked to dealer. it was bracket of right hydro! broke and caused a cascade of other things due to be going full speed up hill. Fully under warranty. What a blessing! Thank you Lord!!! Thank you for the input!

Let us know when you get it back

HLW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Front hydro bracket on the earlier Magnums were on the light side new ones are much heavier. Also they added a rear support that consist of a 3/8 - 16 x 13 inches long all thread rod that went between the two hydro with 4 whiz nuts to hold it in place. It goes in the holes in the rear bottom of hydro's.