New yard machines 46" mower - cuts WAY too low

rhwimmers

Threads
I just bought a 46" yard man mower and put new blades on it. Not sure if I put the deck on wrong or what but there are 5 settings for height, 5 is too low 4 is even lower, and 321 are pretty much just on the ground. Even cutting on 5 and I have got into the dirt in some areas! Any thoughts on how to fix this?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a 46" yard man mower and put new blades on it. Not sure if I put the deck on wrong or what but there are 5 settings for height, 5 is too low 4 is even lower, and 321 are pretty much just on the ground. Even cutting on 5 and I have got into the dirt in some areas! Any thoughts on how to fix this?

How old is the mower?
Did you take the deck off to replace blades?
Are the blades upside down...check and see.
We would need pictures to see if it is on wrong.

You can by anti-scalping wheel kits for those decks.

rhwimmers

Threads
Here are some pictures

IMG_20181008_131646.jpgIMG_20181008_131551.jpgMVIMG_20181008_131534.jpg

rhwimmers

Threads
Also, I just now realized that the first pic there is a large bolt that I can adjust to move the deck up - I HAD moved that up to the top most option but looks like it fell down again. But even after adjusting that it was still very low.
Also, whats the "deck wash system"?

Beowulf

Threads
In the 2nd pic you can see 3 holes for hanger bars. You may need to use different holes.

You can enter your model number on the MTD website and get manual. They do a good job of explaining height adjustment.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Blades are upside down and your belt is rolled over too. Disregard the 'deck wash' system. It's a spindle killer.

rhwimmers

Threads
How can you tell blades are upside down? They said "grass side" on them so those are pointed "up" when installing as when it turns over they are then facing the grass.
Not sure what you mean belt is rolled over? Everything seems to work very well aside the cut being uneven and way too short

rhwimmers

Threads
In the 2nd pic you can see 3 holes for hanger bars. You may need to use different holes.

You can enter your model number on the MTD website and get manual. They do a good job of explaining height adjustment.

I saw those holes but they are too small for the metal "L" rod to go in which I thought was odd.

rhwimmers

Threads
OK guys thanks for the help so far. I got some more pictures of it. You can see how close it is to the ground and these are all taken with it in the highest position (5).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ggK9vRKtYPDuw1yAA

Thanks for any assistance...the lawn looks terrible how short and uneven it is!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
The belt does look like it has a twist in it. Those blades look weird to me but yeah the grass side should face the grass.