New yard machines 46" mower - cuts WAY too low

John Fitzgerald

Threads
I have seen both types recently at our local Home Depot. The bent down ones are for the older mowers, and the straight ones fit 2015 and later, according to the packages.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this a new mower? Kind of looks like the deck is not the right one for the mower. I have a Ranch Kind that mows at about 2 1/2 at highest setting but not like what you're describing.

rhwimmers

Threads
Now that mowing season is back, so is this thread - and my battle to get a nice looking cut!!!

Yeah this is a new mower (to me). I am wondering if you are on to something, maybe someone "made it work" with a different deck - how can I check?

I just bought new blades from lowes that had different year listings and not quite as large of a bend/curve at the end - its more flat so hopefully that means I can mow higher. I put them on and put the deck back on but must have done something wrong as I can't get it in the highest position (5) without extreme force on the lever (and lifting the deck manually).

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check all of the deck lifting points.
The holes flog out oval & the shafts wear grooves .
The net effect is the deck hangs lower & is harder to lift
Post the full model numbers so we can check which one you have.
There is generally a lift assist spring and if this is missing the deck will be harder to lift and will hang lower.