GCV160

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Exhaust valve rocker arm cracked. New one on the way

tranchinh

Threads
Same for the 190? I have a HRX217 which I believe has a GC190 engine.

They surely can make good engine,selling twice the money but customer use 10 times longer without buying new lawnmower so they make less profit .B.S do that first .
I saw lots of GCV160 and GCV 190 at scrap metal ,Lawn care pro in Houston use HR217 for customer backyard for a year then replace the engine

JBtoro

Threads
Same for the 190? I have a HRX217 which I believe has a GC190 engine.

I have a 2005 HRX217HMA with the GCV190. Hmm, runs super going on 14 years now for this "junk."

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Considering the extended warranty Honda offer on their mowers most of them are substantially better than anything else made in the USA
We get both the idiot moron proof USA models and the European , customer has a functioning brain models down here.
The European models are substantially better than the USA ones and a lot easier to use & work on as they do not come with dead mans throttle , engine brake, blade brake and of course are fitted with the vastly superiour cut quality swing back blades.
They are also slightly more expensive than the USA models at full retail but often found cheap at discount stores.

However they are just a lawnmower and no matter how good they are made idiots can bugger them up in no time flat .