Motor ran, then I laid it on its side to install pully. Tied up now

SidecarFlip

Threads
  • / Motor ran, then I laid it on its side to install pully. Tied up now
Actually, the stator should be real cheap. You need to drop bvy the lawnmower shop on Lewis, south of Crabb and see them. I get all my OEM parts there, everything else I get at Agri-Supply (ASC) online. Cheaper than anyone even with shipping.

I knew something was a miss under the flywheel. It is...

SidecarFlip

Threads
One issue with a forum like this is, you get a bunch of people who have no real idea of what is going on that throw out ideas but most of those ideas are only that. Why I don't post on here much and I find some of the posts amusing (much to the chagrin of the poster).

Armchair mechanics are a dime a dozen.:wink:

Ida-Boy

Threads
Now that is going onto a swisher with no electrics so you can just leave the whole mess off. It just means you will have to pop the battery onto a charger overnight when you finish mowing.

I wasn't sure if it would run without a stator. Wouldn't I have to hook up a battery for it to run without one? I can kick the starter with a jump box but the engine needs voltage to run.

Ida-Boy

Threads
Actually, the stator should be real cheap. You need to drop bvy the lawnmower shop on Lewis, south of Crabb and see them. I get all my OEM parts there, everything else I get at Agri-Supply (ASC) online. Cheaper than anyone even with shipping.

I knew something was a miss under the flywheel. It is...

Did you notice 2 or the 4 mounting holes for the stator have been busted away? There was quite a bit of turmoil under that flywheel.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Spot drill and tap the holes and apply sealer to the threads. Not a big deal even if you drill into the cankcase. IOf I had time, I'd do it for you but I'm swamped sharpening chipper knives for tree companies right now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I wasn't sure if it would run without a stator. Wouldn't I have to hook up a battery for it to run without one? I can kick the starter with a jump box but the engine needs voltage to run.

The engine itself is self powering.
By definition that is what a magneto is and the magneto is on the outside powered by the external magnets.
So unless you have an electric clutch the only power required for running is 12V to the carb solenoid but a good battery will power that for around 2-3 days

SidecarFlip

Threads
The engine itself is self powering.
By definition that is what a magneto is and the magneto is on the outside powered by the external magnets.
So unless you have an electric clutch the only power required for running is 12V to the carb solenoid but a good battery will power that for around 2-3 days

Pretty easy to defeat the carb solenoid too. Usually they enter a 'dry hole' so the 'fix' is cutting a length of coat hanger long enough to keep the port open with the solenoid not energized. Only reason it's there is to prevent run on. It's a fuel cut.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pretty easy to defeat the carb solenoid too. Usually they enter a 'dry hole' so the 'fix' is cutting a length of coat hanger long enough to keep the port open with the solenoid not energized. Only reason it's there is to prevent run on. It's a fuel cut.

The threads never changed from bowk bolts through to solenoids so just get a bowl bolt from any old mower workshop 7/16 UNF from memory.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
The threads never changed from bowk bolts through to solenoids so just get a bowl bolt from any old mower workshop 7/16 UNF from memory.

Do you guys down under use UNF and UNC bolts? Thought you were all metric.