Grasshopper Question.

Codybret13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a 2006 Grasshopper 727k with 749 hours on it and it has the power fold option. The only drawback is the motor on the powerfold quit working. Actually, it works but one of the magnets inside the actuator motor split into and is getting jammed inside. My question is, can i repair this myself? or can I find an old used motor somewhere or can I use a different motor on it that will bolt right up? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Threads
I just purchased a 2006 Grasshopper 727k with 749 hours on it and it has the power fold option. The only drawback is the motor on the powerfold quit working. Actually, it works but one of the magnets inside the actuator motor split into and is getting jammed inside. My question is, can i repair this myself? or can I find an old used motor somewhere or can I use a different motor on it that will bolt right up? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I know the motor is only available on the actuator. The part number for the actuator is 180035. There has been a few improvements done by the manufacturer to this part since it was new. A new unit would set you back about $625.00. If you are able to find someone who rebuilds them let me know! We usually change out 2-4 a year.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Grasshopper doesn't make the motors. Get the manufacturer and part number off the motor and maybe you can order just the motor from the mfg. I recently did that with a vacuum cleaner. Every equipment mfg gets their motors from just a handful of motor manufacturers.

ran

Threads
My actuator is made by Pem power engineering mod.#800-0509-9B. My 727K is a 2016 with the 61 inch deck don't know if that info matters they may differ. I would try them first before paying the 625.00.