Repairs Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower does not start

Threads
Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower 725 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine Power- Propelled, Electric Start 22” Multicut

Model No.917.370449

Hello-

I have a Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower 725 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine Power- Propelled, Electric Start 22” Multicut/ Model No.917.370449 that does not start.

So far I have:

+ Fuse OK
+ Refueled with new gas
+ Spark Plugs good
+ Air filter good

When I inject gas directly through the air filter and carburetor, engine starts for 2-3 seconds, then dies (I suspect engine works just enough for that gas direct)

Can someone shed some light what possibly the cause be and how to remedy?

Thank you in advance.

Russ2251

Threads
...inject gas directly through the air filter and carburetor, engine starts for 2-3 seconds, then dies...
This indicates a fuel flow or carburetor issue.

Disconnect fuel line from carb. Does gas flow out of fuel line freely?

Threads
Let's assume you have the L Head engine on your mower ??

If it is I have one easy way for you to try something.......... Ok take the filter box off..... Then take a 1/2 in. socket and take the bottom bowl nut off... Leave the bowl on...

Then look at the bowl nut.... On the top there is a hole in it, and then there are 2 holes on the side of it.... Clean those out well with carb spray and a bread twistie wire.... You do eat bread right LOL ???

Clean again with the carb spray.... Put the bowl nut back in and you should be good to go....... If not get back with us and we will direct you futher........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!