ZT HD 52 Deck Rattle Fixed - for real!

gravelyzthd52

Threads
Big shout out to TK Power Equipment in Scarborough Maine for taking the time to diagnose the rattling noise on my ZT HD 52 and completely fix the problem. Tom at TK found that one of the brackets on the deck that holds a deck hanger was misaligned, causing the hanger to move while the deck was engaged and then cause the rattling noise. I had posted a video on YouTube showing the deck hanger moving back and forth in the bracket and demonstrating that if I put tension on the hanger, stopping the movement, the rattling would stop. Tom ordered a new deck shell from Gravely under warranty and completely rebuilt the deck with the new shell. The result is no more moving of the deck hanger and no more rattling noise while the deck is engaged. I couldn’t be happier with this level service and I’m thrilled to be mowing in peace on my ZTHD 52, which is one of the best mowers I’ve owned.

If you have a ZT HD 52 with a bad deck rattle, contact Gravely and tell them you want your dealer to replace your deck shell!

Johnny C

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow that is top flight service from your dealer. I'm going to contact dealer but dont have high hopes for an outcome like yours.....

gravelyzthd52

Threads
Wow that is top flight service from your dealer. I'm going to contact dealer but dont have high hopes for an outcome like yours.....

If your dealer doesn’t want to replace the deck shell then I would contact Gravely on their website and let them know.