does these spindle bearings look ok

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The letters tell you if the bearing has rubber seals RS or 2 RS or metal seals Z or ZZ and then if there is a C? the fit.
Yours should be 2 RS or ZZ, makes little difference in a spindle.
IF those are genuine Stens then they should be fine.
I fit a lot of Stens parts and they come with a 12 month warranty down here.
However no guarantee that anything bought off ebay or amazon is genuine & not fake.
Stens have a web site with parts listed and prices ( if you log in ).
If that price seems too good to be true then it isn't true.

Side question. The bearing I need are 6204 RK. What does the RK mean?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to the bearing makers catalogue and have a look.
Not familiar with a "K" other than to designate a plastic cage but in that case it would be between the 4 and the R
Where did you find that ?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to the bearing makers catalogue and have a look.
Not familiar with a "K" other than to designate a plastic cage but in that case it would be between the 4 and the R
Where did you find that ?

On the rubber bearing cover.

BTW, when bearings are just starting to make a noise, what's a good grease to put back in them. I've been using some high temp stuff. Obviously new ones are better. But sometimes, it's a quick "get me by."

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Timken do a sealed bearing grease but do not put too much in there , they are not high load tapered rollers.
It is a bit heavier than petrolium jelly.
But a noisy bearing is gone.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Timken do a sealed bearing grease but do not put too much in there , they are not high load tapered rollers.
It is a bit heavier than petrolium jelly.
But a noisy bearing is gone.

A friend of mine, who has diabetes gave me a couple of needles the other day. Today I had a chance to try out my idea. Fill them with grease and try to squirt it in the bearing, without taking the seal off. (along the inner edge) But it didn't work out too well. The needle was just too small. The grease would come out. But man, it was slow. By the time I could do one bearing, I could take the seals off 10 and put them back together.

A bigger needle might work. Just gotta remember to make sure and stick the upper side of the bearing.