Engine Oil leak

Omahatiger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Walker 26EFI MT mower. I have small oil leak that the best i can tell is coming from somewhere around the top and leaks first in the area where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle. Is there a sensor that might leak or is it a gasket?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Walker 26EFI MT mower. I have small oil leak that the best i can tell is coming from somewhere around the top and leaks first in the area where the throttle cable attaches to the throttle. Is there a sensor that might leak or is it a gasket?

How can anyone tell you without...
1)crystal ball
2) pictures
3)make and model of engine

Omahatiger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler Pro 26EFI.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 15

Ericg

Forum Newbie
Threads
It could be the oil pressure switch. It is in that area and they are prone to leaking.

Ericg

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is also a breather plate in that area. The gasket could be bad. You need to clean the area and determine exactly where the leak is coming from

JoeM(GA)

Threads
be sure the o-ring hasn't fallen out of the dipstick tube cap

Threads
Omahatiger did you get your oil leak fixed. I lean towards ericg about an oil sensor up top or breather plate. I ran a 26 on my mt for years before doing away with it and putting in a 20 horse. I replaced the breather plate gasket it leaked oil and made a mess like your picture was showing. Only oil leaks I have dealt with are a couple side pans or crank seals on both sides or the breather plate on top. That is the way my 26 looked with oil mess when that breather plate gasket went bad.