Toro Timecutter MX6050 60" Leaving un mowed strip under the exit chute

chuck$ter

Threads
  • / Toro Timecutter MX6050 60" Leaving un mowed strip under the exit chute
I recently replaced my blades with a set of high lift Mulching Gator blades. While these things are amazing they leave a about an 8" strip of not completely mowed grass by the exit chute. This forces me to overlap my cuts by a big margin. I am most certain its because the additional force of the grass and wind coming out is laying the uncut grass down and away from the last blade to cut it..

If I mow the opposite direction (Forcing the exit chute into the uncut grass) it sort of acts like a mulching cover..

Soo.. my question is would it be a good idea to cover the chute? I see full retro recycling kits that include blades, some under deck air foils and a cover.. Too expensive ( almost $200) and complex for the issue.. I was hoping to just get a snap on mulch cover..

Thoughts here?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have correct size blades on ? & are they all on correct way, Sail up & cutting edge down.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am betting you have found a way to prove either your belt needs replaced or one of your idlers is needing bearings. I would first check all my pulleys and spindles for free movement. Gease all spindles and spray white lithium grease idler pulleys. Make sure everything is moving smooth and easy. Then change belt to OEM or OEM replacement belt.