zero turn will not turn left

bobremski@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,

I was mowing my lawn, and the right side control stopped working, will not turn left, will turn right just fine, lol really fine, when I engage to turn left, I do hear slight grinding, not much, just a short spurt, the linkage appears to be connected just fine and all the belts are turning when running.

thank you for your time and have a great day

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Greetings,

I was mowing my lawn, and the right side control stopped working, will not turn left, will turn right just fine, lol really fine, when I engage to turn left, I do hear slight grinding, not much, just a short spurt, the linkage appears to be connected just fine and all the belts are turning when running.

thank you for your time and have a great day

Will it go straight at speed?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A bit hard to provide much help when we have no idea what we are dealing with.
You keep saying turn so is this a ZTR with a steering wheel or lap bars ?
A brand and model would not hurt.
A few general things to try.
1) check that there is nothing jambing the pulley on the right side drive.
2) Also check that the right pulley is not loose on the shaft some are on a spline that can strip
3) check that the wheel is connected to the hub properly , some have drive keys which can sheer
4) check the bypass valve has not been opened. On models that have ab easy access lever, this can get opened by debris.

bobremski@hotmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yea, I guess that would help it is a John Deere Z665 60 in cut steering is lap bars