How good if at all are Hustler Turf Flip Up lawn tractors

What the heck is a poll

• Total voters

DK35vince

Threads
  • / How good if at all are Hustler Turf Flip Up lawn tractors
Hustler mowers that are above the Raptor SD line have tubular frames. Big difference between Raptor and Fastrak frames. X-One and Super Z are heavier still.
Yes, big difference.

Canadave

Threads
Total cost for mine, after taxes was just a little over $5K after writing out the check (this after a Military Discount and of course no cost to ship straight to my home, it was a special order, came straight from the factory, to the store, to my home)

It came with the Kohler 7000 Series 25Hp engine (which suits me just fine).

I chose the 54" deck.

As for an authorize Hustler Sales & Service dealers, well there are a few close by around (15-20 miles distance) but the one I chose for any type of servicing for mine is located a little over 30 miles from me. I don't mine, they pick up and deliver, which is fine with me.

When I first started to research ZT mowers I never really considered dealerships (not just Hustler but other manufacturers as well) and just read over customer reviews, opinions, specifications, performance, etc. all that stuff. But the sad thing about it all was that I could not find not one single customer review on the specifics of the Hustler Raptor Flip Up! Basically the only detailed info that I could find was straight from the manufacturers site, Hustler.

So really I had to basically go it alone on my decision to buy the flip up. Though I did find many, many customer reviews, opinions, etc. on basic Hustler mowers. It basically came down to either Hustler or Gravely and well I chose Hustler because of the Flip Up feature and the warranty they offered with it.

As for purchasing it from Lowe's well they were the only ones to offer me a Military Discount and Free delivery to my home and those factors made all the difference. Believe me, when I called the few surrounding authorized Hustler dealerships not one, NOT ONE, offered me a Military Discount or Free Delivery!

I had never owned a ZT mower before. I was using an old Montgomery Wards MTD YardMachine riding mower that I had purchased brand new back in the summer of 1997. That was the only mower that I ever had used before and back then I thought that I paid a lot for it ($1200!) and now thinking about it I just laugh.

Believe it or not, that MTD YardMachine was still working (not in the best shape but still did the job) up until 2016. I knew back then that it was on it's last tire and well I knew that I was going to need a new mower. Just about everyone in the neighborhood already had a ZT and well I guess I was the last hold out.

Anyway, once I made my decision (as I had previously explained in an earlier post) to buy the Hustler Raptor Flip Up, well I sure am glad that I did.

Click on the following link and read the very last post, post #110
https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/42245-Trans-Cross-brace-broke-Anyone-else/page11

I had the same problem finding reviews for John Deere and Simplicity which were on my short list. The only ones I could find for Simplicity were on their own website. I ended up ordering a Simplicity Champion XT zero turn because of my experience with my
by now 15 year old Simplicity Conquest which I loved at least until it burned to the ground. I would have had to have help from someone to deal with any broken drive belt on the John Deere Z540M whereas I could do it on my own with a Champion .

Canadave

Threads
Canadave,

Glad you made a decision and bought what you want. That is important.

I have a Raptor SD60 which I use for Research and Development which causes it to endure a lot of abuse. It looks like new, I run it like I stole it and I put it up against every brand in town for cut. Does a fantastic job and rides great once I added flex forks and a suspension seat kit. It will only do 7.5 mph so far. However, at some point it will be doing 12 mph. Not for cutting, just because it should. lol

At any length, if you'd gone with the RSD, you would be just one of 11 million RSD owners that love their machines. From the chronic complainers you find on the three of four forums, add them all up and you'll see there is a huge number that comes to approximately 80 folks. I don't think there is a decimal point that would show you how few problems relative to the amount built and sold.

So, no matter what is built and sold, there will be problems and there will be folks that makes more out of the problem than it really is. No offense to anyone in this forum or any other. Just stating facts.

Get rid of your Prime Minister before he completely ruins your beautiful country.

As I always say: Run it like you stole it. Fix it if you break it.

Enjoy your new purchase.

Max

You're absolutely right about our moron Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. If he's re-elected in 2019 Canada is definitely toast. I could do an hours long rant about what an ignorant, politically correct douche he is. The women voted for him because they think he's cute just like Canadians voted for his Marxist father Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau because they thought he was groovy because he married Justin's mother the flower-child, bi-polar slut Margaret who was old enough to be Pierre's daughter. It's well known that Margaret was screwed by Mick Jagger and possibly all of the Rolling Stones. A friend of a friend was the PM's driver who was driving the car when Margaret screwed Mick. Pierre was a Marxist whose heroes were Stalin and Mao, the two biggest mass murderers in history as well as Fidel Castro who on a per capita basis was just as bad. Castro was actually a pall bearer at Pierre's funeral when he finally died and went to hell where he belonged. It was great to hear recently that Fidel finally went to live with Pierre. You can thank God for Trump who has accomplished more in his first year and a half than any President in your history although you can give credit for George and Thomas yet the insane manic Trump derangement syndrome is going full bore. If the Dumbocrats win the House and Senate in the mid terms the U.S. may never recover. Geez I could go on and on and on on this one.

mhavanti

Threads
As could I, however, there will be a hoard of fellas crawling both of us if we go any further. Add me in Facebook if you have it. Max Hughes. https://www.facebook.com/l.m.hughes.7

Any of my fellow forum friends, hit me up over there.

Max