7790 diesel fuel pump

umtg0jn

Threads
Recently acquired an 7790 diesel with power steering. Hobbs meter shows 497 hrs. It does not run. First issue I find is the fuel lift pump is not working. The umbrella check valves are ruined, possibly by incorrect fuel additive. I need 2 of these valves. 3/4" dia. with 1/10" stem. Holly carburetors and Harley motor cycles use a similar, but different size part. Have some doubts as to diesel fuel compatible. Have ordered a small electric fuel pump due for delivery in a few days to help me work through the remainder of the fuel system. Intended to get the engine running but only as a temporary fix. (lol) Does any one know of a good source? Any help appreciated.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Go with an electric lift pump like a Walbro.

umtg0jn

Threads
The electric pump I ordered Friday evening was delivered this afternoon. (Amazon delivers!) Ready to head out the door and see what I can make happen. Thank you for the recommendation. I owned a diesel pick up for 25 years and used an electric pump as a back up to reduce cranking time when starting in the cold. Cold weather had a way of slowing the pick up of fuel due to hardening/leaking of the fuel hoses at the connections.