Fuel Poulan Pro push mower 21"

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've been working on a Poulan push mower, self propelled. It needs either a new air filter base or primer bulb and i can't find the right diagrams. It is a briggs 190 CC engine, i can not find the engine model # anywhere. All i have is the poulan numbers.
Model# 9614200 52 00
serial# 041609M009585

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Numbers on that engine should be stamped into the flap that hangs over the muffler. May have to remove the plastic deco cover to see them. Could also be located over the top of the spark plug, in the metal housing. From what I can gather it is a 122TXX engine but without the exact type it will be hard to narrow down the parts.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I had the whole mower tore apart, cleaning the carb etc. I looked over the muffler and all around that metal (shroud) I guess it's called. never saw any stamped numbers.
Thanks for your reply

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
GOOD LORD! I must need glasses. It says right on the plastic cover. Briggs 625 series...………………………………………………….
:confused2::confused2::confused2::laughing:

Threads
Scrub why do you need a new base or bulb...... If the gasket that goes on the filter base is torn or not good the primer bulb won't work....

Here is a link to one of my videos I made last year... I did say gas goes in there but it actually shoots a burst of air into the bowl and pushes gas up the main jet and tube to the venturi / throat of the carb..... I need to make a newer updated video. I was in a rush to make that video and I didn't have much memory on my phone.... I got that problem fixed now though.......

https://youtu.be/iuIWIC6NjF8

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I thought i needed a new base. I wasn't aware i could buy bulb separate. Also the bulb has a bigger than normal hole in it. Where i guess it has wore through/rotted. But i ordered a new bulb and gasket for about 12 dollars.

Threads
I thought i needed a new base. I wasn't aware i could buy bulb separate. Also the bulb has a bigger than normal hole in it. Where i guess it has wore through/rotted. But i ordered a new bulb and gasket for about 12 dollars.

12 bux is way too much for those parts..... Unless there is shipping involved..............then that is about right .........

Threads
If you need to know how to install the bulb let me know and I'll make video tonight.........