Briggs never change oil engine....

Threads
A lil while back I made a comment on a thread concerning a repair on a newer style E series engine....

I said Briggs had advertised a newer no change oil engine just add.... Some people just shook their head and almost called me a fool, wanting me to supply proof.....

A few others had heard of it also but couldn't find info.... Briggs did have a bulletin out on it and I couldn't find it. Well here it is in black and white and Red and black and white.....

www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/innovations/push-mowers/just-check-and-add-technology.html

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
A lil while back I made a comment on a thread concerning a repair on a newer style E series engine....

I said Briggs had advertised a newer no change oil engine just add.... Some people just shook their head and almost called me a fool, wanting me to supply proof.....

A few others had heard of it also but couldn't find info.... Briggs did have a bulletin out on it and I couldn't find it. Well here it is in black and white and Red and black and white.....

www.briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/innovations/push-mowers/just-check-and-add-technology.html

I remember it well, there was a lot of post's on the forum here, wonder why we don't hear about it anymore ..???

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/n...on-expands-just-check-and-add-technology.html

Russ2251

Threads
The prognosticators of doom claim this is a bad thing.
I applaud B&S for this.

I know some folks who have done nothing but add anyway.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
The prognosticators of doom claim this is a bad thing.
I applaud B&S for this.

I know some folks who have done nothing but add anyway.

I know some who have NEVER added, and saw the mower out for junk ...... Go figure ??

Russ2251

Threads
I've got a sneaking suspicion that the folks at B&S know what they are doing...since 1908.

Threads
I've got a sneaking suspicion that the folks at B&S know what they are doing...since 1908.

Yes they know what they are doing.... It was a huge marketing ploy so people would buy the newer style engines.......

They figured it would last only a few years anyway......

Figure if a engine without changing the oil will last 4 years, how long will it last changing 2 times a year ????

There are no drain plugs on them so you would have to tip the engine over.... Like a Honda mower engine.......

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw them for sale in a Big Box store, either Home Depot or Menard's.

Threads
I saw them for sale in a Big Box store, either Home Depot or Menard's.

Yep and Wally world too........ That's all Briggs makes now is the E series engine.......No more L Heads..........

Some of the bigger Briggs are a commercial series and they have a drain plug.....

SidecarFlip

Threads
The American way....

Run her until she pukes.....
Toss it out in the garbage.....
Go buy a new one and repeat......

I think it's a great idea. Wonder if they come with a drain plug?

Briggs is on to something for sure... Sell more junk engines.....

John R

Threads
I would bet most people buy these mowers, add oil when new, and run them until they die anyway.