9P602-0076F1 engine running rough, seems to be light surges, timing, idle issue

kelazier

Threads
  • / 9P602-0076F1 engine running rough, seems to be light surges, timing, idle issue
2 yr old lawnmower (ran perfect) was flooded (underwater) and I replaced head gasket, magneto, spark plug, and cleaned carb. of water...starts easily but runs/idles in rough cycles. Is this a "timing" issue, carb issue?

thanks for any input.

dfbroxy

Threads
  • / 9P602-0076F1 engine running rough, seems to be light surges, timing, idle issue
Before spending anymore on parts try running a tank or two of fuel cleaner...to remove water from fuel line... in fuel tank.

Threads
Kelazier if you have the engine I am thinking about then the carb is your issue...... Here is a link to clean it all the way...

BTW you are missing a number in your Model number ....... 09 but that doesn't matter I know your engine well.....

If you want to skip the comedy skit go to the 4 minute mark and watch the repair ,,..........

https://youtu.be/_5PBMOZLclQ

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

kelazier

Threads
Thanks to both of you for your replies. I followed the advice and now she is running like a top!

I didn't mind spending the time and a few bucks to take it all apart and reassemble with new parts, because my grandson and I were learning together. He's pretty sharp but still prefers the electronic stuff. The newer generations don't seem to be as interested in the mechanical as my generation; i try to get him under the hood of an old truck, but he has no passion for it, even at 15 years old. But he sure loves his smart phone. oh well.

Thanks again guys!

Threads
Great news for sure................ Those jets in those carb are finiky and most people don't know about the ball that can be taken out....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

kelazier

Threads
merci beaucoup mon ami

Threads
merci beaucoup mon ami

Anytime that's what we are here for.......Saving people money when they can do the repair for cheap or free........ I keep those jet modules in stock just in case one is shot, usually someone breaks them in half trying to get it out the wrong way ~!!

kelazier

Threads
thanks and good to know you stock items.

I recently salvaged a Toro lawnmower from the trash heap. It has a Honda engine...do you have expertise in this brand or should I go to the Honda/Toro forum?

Threads
thanks and good to know you stock items.

I recently salvaged a Toro lawnmower from the trash heap. It has a Honda engine...do you have expertise in this brand or should I go to the Honda/Toro forum?

Yes I am familiar with honda engines... But you can post a new thread on the small engine section right above the Briggs section ~!~!