possible carburetor fail???

Grasscutter21

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone I am a newbie here...:)

I have a 2010 Troybilt 42" cut Bronco riding mower.
It has a Kohler courage 20 engine.
I use this mower for home use only, I cut my yard maybe every couple of weeks, depending on weather.

This engine runs great, but, as of a few days ago it began running rough, like a skip every once in a while.
Replaced fuel filter ran good. Now it ran, stalled out cranked it ran about 50 feet stalled out.
Today (9/29/18) it cranked and has smoke and oil blowing from exaust muffler, yes from exaust.
It runs strong but too much smoke and oil blowing so cut it off and pushed it into shed.

Can the carburetor cause something like this to happen?
Oil doesn't have a gas smell I think, hard to say when your hands are oily and been exposed to gas.
Oil looks clear and clean no trash, I took carburetor off replaced the needle, cleaned fuel bowl, it did have a little trash in it.
Until this little issue happened this thing runs great and cuts verywell.

Anyone have any idea? any and all replies will be more than appreciated.
I am trying to get some kind of an idea what the repair shop might tell me.

Thanks
Sig.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey everyone I am a newbie here...:)

I have a 2010 Troybilt 42" cut Bronco riding mower.
It has a Kohler courage 20 engine.
I use this mower for home use only, I cut my yard maybe every couple of weeks, depending on weather.

This engine runs great, but, as of a few days ago it began running rough, like a skip every once in a while.
Replaced fuel filter ran good. Now it ran, stalled out cranked it ran about 50 feet stalled out.
Today (9/29/18) it cranked and has smoke and oil blowing from exaust muffler, yes from exaust.
It runs strong but too much smoke and oil blowing so cut it off and pushed it into shed.

Can the carburetor cause something like this to happen?
Oil doesn't have a gas smell I think, hard to say when your hands are oily and been exposed to gas.
Oil looks clear and clean no trash, I took carburetor off replaced the needle, cleaned fuel bowl, it did have a little trash in it.
Until this little issue happened this thing runs great and cuts verywell.

Anyone have any idea? any and all replies will be more than appreciated.
I am trying to get some kind of an idea what the repair shop might tell me.

Thanks
Sig.

Check oil level in engine and see if possibly float hung and flooded engine with gas.