How can I remove old carburetor gaskets

MowGrass

Threads
Honda HR215 SXA
The Insulator and the Insulator Gasket seem hard to remove. They are the last 2 gaskets of 4 in all to remove.
After re-installing a cleaned carburetor, I had to start the mower with the gas cap loose. It ran a little rough so I turned it off and looked for a gas leak. When I tilted the mower a little to the oil fill cap side, I saw a little dripping of gas at the gasket connection to the engine. I tightened the air filter bolts a little but it did not make stop completely. So I thought new gaskets might help fix the problem. So that is how I discovered that these last 2 gaskets can be hard to remove.

Please help!

rePhil

Threads
Spray Gasket remover, a scraper & patience. Or, it would probably be more economically feasible to replace the insulator along with the gaskets.

Honda HR215 SXA
The Insulator and the Insulator Gasket seem hard to remove. They are the last 2 gaskets of 4 in all to remove.
After re-installing a cleaned carburetor, I had to start the mower with the gas cap loose. It ran a little rough so I turned it off and looked for a gas leak. When I tilted the mower a little to the oil fill cap side, I saw a little dripping of gas at the gasket connection to the engine. I tightened the air filter bolts a little but it did not make stop completely. So I thought new gaskets might help fix the problem. So that is how I discovered that these last 2 gaskets can be hard to remove.

Please help!

MowGrass

Threads
Good suggestions. I was not aware of a Gasket remover and patience is always key. Thanks for the reminder.
Replacing the Insulator sounds like good practical thinking.
Thank you for your time on my behalf.