rear axel locked

rb2012

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna riding mower and after about 60 feet in forward the rear axel locks up this is the second mower that does this can anyone help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are there with the unidentified model of Husqvarna mower in front of you.
We are here with 29 words displayed on a screen.
I have a file with 1,308 different Husqvarna parts break downs in it which one should I reread so the information you get is correct ?
How do you expect any one to provide you with meaning full repair information when you have given next to no information about you, where you are what you are mowing and full details about the miscreant mower ?

For all we know both of the mowers could have been bought cheap off Craig's because they were defective

rb2012

Forum Newbie
Threads
so what if they are cheap they are fixiable and u mean to tell me model num. or not NO ONE here has had a problem with the rear end freezing up. mabe I picked the wrong site for answers I don't have the money to buy a new one when this is fixiable:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want to get huffy stomp your feet then jump up & down on the spot feel free to do it if it makes you feel any better.

To misquote an over quoted line from the Bible
"The lord helps those who help themselves"

Now if you refuse to help us by providing the very basic information we need in order to diagnose you problem then we can not help you.

There are 5 totally different types of transaxles fitted to Husqvarna ride on mowers and there have been around 20 different makers of these various methods of making a mower move.
You could have an articulated mower, a rear engine mower or a tractor type mower.
All you have told us is it was made by Husqvarna went 20 paces down your drive & stopped and for some strange reason you told us the other mower did the same thing.

IF YOU REFUSE TO TELL US WHICH ONE YOU HAVE HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU EXPECT US TO HELP YOU TO FIX IT

Would you walk into the parts store and demand the counter attendant gives you brake pads for your Ford without telling them which model & what year ?
No you would not.
Yet you have come here and expect people who unlike the counter assistant, are not getting paid for the time & effort they put in to helping you and expect exactly that.

If you can not be bothered to post some very basic details like which model & what year why would any one be bothered to make the slightest bit effort to help you when you point blank refuse to help us ?

And hurling insults at the forum & forum users is just going to make people judge you as a person unworthy of assistance ( to put it politely ).

So if you want help,
Start with the numbers off the ID tag under the seat, the model numbers off the decal on the hood is also helpful

gramer

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are some great guys on this site that can be a valuable help to you, so with that I will ask you some questions that might get them going in the right direction...is it a steer type or zero turn mower, if zero turn look on the rear trans ax and see if it made by Hydro Gear or whoever, that can help a lot. Who is the motor made by B & S, etc. Does it lock up when cold or when it has been running for some time.....maybe some of the guys on this site will jump in and try to give you some leads.

dfbroxy

Threads
The first person that answered you is this sites leading expert. He can give you general advice but run the risk of looking like a fool if you have a different type of mower. On top of that he has dozens on new members a week that dont give make and model so cut him a little slack, give him make and model and he will get your mower running.

Untill then I like playing guessing games so im guessing you have a front engine husky. They are prone to axel breakage in the transaxel. Even though its a sealed unit the part can be ordered. And as it so happens Bertsmobile1 is the leading expert on rebuilding those units But........HE NEEDS MAKE AND MODEL PLEASE.

gramer

Forum Newbie
Threads
dfbroxy..you have to admit there is no need for that amount of rudeness regardless of how great he is....if he thinks he's that important he doesn't need to be on here, he should be writing books about his repair knowledge...I also have issues with a man that quotes the bible then throws in curse words.....this is a public site be adults. Haven't notice the newbie back on here, makes me wonder if he got ran off.....and if its happened before..............!

dfbroxy

Threads
gramer,
I think he was ok with his first response but a little over the top on the second one (even though as bertsmobile1 says the guy did attack the forum). As you can tell I do greatly admire and I hope he reads this and dont see it as an attack. The poster probally wont be back and no loss there but the other new members will get the wrong impression of him. SO BERT DONT STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL. (If it becomes necessary I will and noone will care) LOL

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am a laid back type of person with a hide thicker than a rhino, so very little bothers me.
However there is a growing number of people totally obsessed with their own self importance generally combined with massive sense of entitlement.
These people think everybody else is compelled to bend over backwards for them while they sit on their backsides & do nothing to help themselves.
A riding companion did his Phd on such people and found by & large they were either the child on a single child family of the last child in a multi child family.
Over the years on here I have been very proud to have been a member of a forum that has walked people who were challenged to operate a monkey wrench through some very difficult repairs.
This is regardless of weather I had any input or not.
During the time I have run Berts I have been proud about the number of people with technical or interlectual difficulties I have helped become independent & competent mower owners.
I don't believe in keeping people in the dark and always show people what was done to their mowers & why it was done, some understand, some have no idea but they get the explaination just the same.

Thus when a person post a problem with insufficient information for it to be diagnosed properly they will get asked for more .
The response from rb2012 is what one would expect from a person with an overly high pinion of his self importance and the subservience of everyone else .
It would appear he went to another forum where his loyal servants pandered to his self importance. I read the thread but made no comment cause that looks like stalking and he is not worth it.
And yes the problem could have been diagnosed with great difficulty but I have a tax man, and kids to make my life more difficult I don't need strangers to do it as well.

dfbroxy

Threads
Maybe it should be designed into the forum to provide make and model to post a new thread. I have been on long enough to see how irritating it can be. And even worse are the ones that expect an answer in the first 15min.