Turf Tiger - Removing front caster wheels...what am I missing?

Indyvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Turf Tiger - Removing front caster wheels...what am I missing?
Hello everyone,

I need to remove my right side front caster wheel to work on my tire. Is there something more than removing the nut required to pull the bolt and the wheel assembly? If there is, it's not obvious (to me anyway :) ). If there's not, what's the trick for removing it?

Thanks in advance.

Luffydog

Threads
The bolt that goes Thur the wheel sometimes gets stuck put nut back on and hit with hammer. Then when flush might have to get another bolt to hit it on out. On the down I have had to cut the bolt to get some of them out. Then have to replace the bolt and nut assuming it comes out. Sometimes have to replace the whole assy.

Indyvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
The bolt that goes Thur the wheel sometimes gets stuck put nut back on and hit with hammer. Then when flush might have to get another bolt to hit it on out. On the down I have had to cut the bolt to get some of them out. Then have to replace the bolt and nut assuming it comes out. Sometimes have to replace the whole assy.

Thanks. I was afraid of that but didn't want to beat on it if there was a snap ring or some other sort of retainer I was overlooking. I never counted on having to replace the entire wheel assembly though. lll report back later this week when I have time to work on it.

Indyvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
My TORO has a slow leak in one of the front tires and I am going to try this stuff, seems everyone likes it. I have it on order.

Mines leaking around the rim/bead. One of the downsides of running the tires with low pressure (to ease the bumpiness of the ride) is that it's easier to knock the tire off the bead.

Luffydog

Threads
I put 30psi in front and 14 to the rear. 30 might be little bit high but saves on the down time unless you replace them with the solids. Same for for the rear less down time for burning up pumps and wheel motors more air less tire friction less heat less down time less money for the repairs. Just my thoughts on the air pressures.

tigercat

Threads
This video from youtube shows what the caster wheels look like apart and how to remove and install them

Indyvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
This video from youtube shows what the caster wheels look like apart and how to remove and install them

Thanks. I wish mine would have slid out that easily. :). But at least now I know how it's all assembled.

tigercat

Threads
The water gets in there, that's the reason for the rust. Just keep them greased. Then with luck the bolt won't be rusted so they slide out easily. The grease melts some in the summer. As the oil flows out it will dissipate the water that gets in there.