Cub Cadet XT2 LX 46 EFI Lawn Tractor vs Jobn Deere X350

WVBColeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet XT2 LX 46 EFI Lawn Tractor vs Jobn Deere X350
I have about $3,200.00 to spend on a mower. I am considering the Cub Cadet XT2 LX 46 EFI Lawn Tractor or the John Deere X350 44 inch cut. I have never owned an expensive riding mower before. I had a yardman (garbage but all I could afford years ago) but now can afford a nicer mower. I have a fairly flat yard with a few small undulations in it but nothing too bad. It is almost one acre in a square shape.
I have read a lot online about both mowers. I have read so many bad things about Cub Cadets and their past breakdowns. Is this still a problem? Anyone out there have a cub cadet from last years or the year before and had any issues with it? What about the John Deere X350 model. Any advice would be great.

Oh one last thing. I know the John Deere has a snow blade you can attach for pushing light piles of dirt and snow. Does the Cub Cadet have that?

Thanks

LawnandOrderMN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own the 42” version of this mower. Three years old with 150 hours on it and not one thing has gone wrong. I just replaced my first set of blades and two new front tires because I drive out into the street to turn around. The Efi is a must. I can most 6 acres of grass and 2.5 gallons.

LawnandOrderMN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own the 42” version of this mower. Three years old with 150 hours on it and not one thing has gone wrong. I just replaced my first set of blades and two new front tires because I drive out into the street to turn around. The Efi is a must. I can mow almost 6 acres of grass on 2.5 gallons.

Dmax Dually

Threads
I'm going in the opposite direction. I have a small yard I currently own the JD X350R 42" cut (Rear discharge). It's a little too big for my yard. I have decretive curbing with some tight radiuses and some tight spots. The JD is great mower. The X series is an upper level model and is sold by JD dealers and not Home Depot. Home depot only carries the lower residential (R) models. I like to bag my grass so I down sized from the JD rider to the CC600 28"wide cut walk behind mower last year. The CC60 had been a great mower and I really like it but I live in Florida and I am tired of push mowing my small yard in 95+ deg heat. I just ordered the CC30H with the twin bagger. I think it will be perfect for my needs..You can't go wrong with a John Deere.

SidecarFlip

Threads
I would not be surprised if the JD and the CC are made at the same facility as JD only produces larger diesel compact tractors and mowers in Horicon, Wisconsin, all the smaller ones are sub contracted out (to the lowest bidder I might add). Might s well be color blind and by the CC mower.