Adjustable carb on Tecumseh 2 stroke?

AmTeC

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a tecumseh 2 stroke AH600 which has a fixed jet carby with no idle circuit. I need this engine to be able to idle. I have not been able to find an adjustable carb for it online. Can a carb from say an HS40 be used? I know the throttle plate must be swapped from the old carb, because the 2 stroke one has a small hole in the plate whereas the 4 stroke does not. But if that was swapped over. What are the chances this would work?

Also does anyone know how I would adjust it so it wouldnt lean out and explode? I know the adjustments cannot be the same as the 4 stroke ones. It would be too lean for proper lubrication. During a quick experiment using a defective 4 stroke tec carb on the 2 stroke engine. I had a runaway situation where the engine was speeding up even though the throttle was closed. Putting the hand over the intake and completely sealing it off slowed the engine down alot but it still wouldnt stop. There were no obvious vacuum leaks to be found. The carb had been adjusted to 4 stroke specs.

upupandaway

Threads
I replaced the diaphragm carb on my dad's Tec 1 stage blower(also on my edger that i posted) with a bowl carb that fit a H50-60ish. Similar carbs from different model Tec will work- just look for a workable type. Now the carb for a H70 and up are bigger and won't fit\mount.

Ex: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR...504864?hash=item3cb7ab74e0:g:JJoAAOSwgtJXTz3-

I used one like this and had to cut off the Choke handle for my edger but again- it works.