Murray will only start with Starter fluid

bodle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I have a murray 14.5 horse power v twin model #: 400707-1221-01

My mower will only run on starter fluid when it is sprayed into the carburetor. I have rebuilt the carburetor, changed the gas cap, changed the gas in the tank and added heat in case of water in the lines, and finally replaced both head gaskets to no avail. I am at a total loss and would appreciate some advice.

-Thanks bodle

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all, I have a murray 14.5 horse power v twin model #: 400707-1221-01

My mower will only run on starter fluid when it is sprayed into the carburetor. I have rebuilt the carburetor, changed the gas cap, changed the gas in the tank and added heat in case of water in the lines, and finally replaced both head gaskets to no avail. I am at a total loss and would appreciate some advice.

-Thanks bodle

Choke not fully closing so there is not enough suction to pull fuel into engine.

If it will run continuously as long as you spray starting fluid...the carb is still plugged up inside.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does the carb have a solenoid on it ?
If so check it is working.
If you have a compressor or a cheap blower type spray painting set up pull the carb off but leave the fuel line on & run air through the carb.
If the carb is working and the solenoid is dissengaging fuel vapour will blow out of the carb.
And of course no ciggies, naked flames etc etc etc.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know the fuel system on your mower. But if you have a fuel pump and if it doesn't hold gas pressure to the carburetor you will have this problem.