Mower deck height

Ltchappa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 2812523bve. Snapper 28 inch rear engine 12.5 Hp. I removed the plastic deck cover and a saw a long threaded rod with a 9/16 nut on it. I turned the nut in to reveal about another 1/4 inch of the rod thread and that adjustment raised the whole deck front and rear. I had to also adjust the rear chains to get the front to rear height correct. I now have a higher cut.There is nothing in the owners manual about that adjustment but it worked.

TurboDan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 2812523bve. Snapper 28 inch rear engine 12.5 Hp. I removed the plastic deck cover and a saw a long threaded rod with a 9/16 nut on it. I turned the nut in to reveal about another 1/4 inch of the rod thread and that adjustment raised the whole deck front and rear. I had to also adjust the rear chains to get the front to rear height correct. I now have a higher cut.There is nothing in the owners manual about that adjustment but it worked.

Thank you! I just bought a used 3012523bve and was cutting low when height set on 5. After a lot of reading and videos, I was thinking that adjustment would help. Now I know.

I did raise and level deck with rear chains and that helped a lot.

Will try rod adjustment next and see how that works. Would like to get mow height I want with height set on 3.

Dan

Ltchappa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I never saw any info on an adjustment for deck height but I knew about the rear chains for leveling so I decided to turn that nut on the end of the threaded rod in a few turns and that raised the deck. I think the cutting height at position 5 should be 3.5 inches. You should be able to measure the blade cutting height by lifting the discharge shoot on the right side of the deck.

Lawn Addict
Threads
And with tires inflated to proper spec, measure blade tip to flat & level ground.

TurboDan

Forum Newbie
Threads
And with tires inflated to proper spec, measure blade tip to flat & level ground.

After rolling one of the front tires off the bead Monday, I inflated all tire to 12 PSI per manual. Remaining 3 tires were around 6 PSI. Verified blade and deck level. No slop in spindle. Grass length is now where I want it with level set at 5.

Still plan to make deck adjustment using threaded rod to see if I can get same cut height with level set at 3.

Dan