rz3016 not getting fuel

bowmanfence

Forum Newbie
Threads
my mother in laws mower is not cranking. she said it was hesitating when she started up and continued to ride for about 7 mins before the mower stalled. Initially I took the spark plug out and tried to crank, plug got spark and fuel shot out of the plug hole. Replaced the plug and still no luck. Cleaned the carb and put back on, no luck. Ordered el cheapo carb online in case carb was not working properly. I can get the mower to fire using starter fluid but not getting gas. I am getting gas to the carb and filling the bowl. The anti fire solenoid clicks while the key is on for both new and old carbs and the small pin retracts downward so I believe it is working correctly. I cannot get gas through either carb to get the mower to run. Am I missing something stupid on this? I know with my Harley I can flick the throttle and gas sprays into the carb but I cannot get this to happen with the mower. Any help would be appreciated my mother in law is retired and cant afford to take the mower to a shop right now so I am trying to do what I can for her.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
if the engine starts with fuel down the plug hole the try spraying a short shot of starting fluid / carb cleaner through the carb.
If the engine will not fire then the inlet valve is not opening.
If it fires once , stops & spins backwards the exhaust valve is not opening.

Pull the rocker cover off and check the pushrods and valve operation as you turn the engine over by hand.
The valves are the same length so should be symetrical