Ltchappa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can I raise the cutting height on my 28 rear engine rider

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can I raise the cutting height on my 28 rear engine rider

Almost all mowers have adjustable cutting height adjustments, the info. is USUALLY, found in your owners guide ....
we can't help without your mower' Make (Snapper ?? ) & model numbers, ..................

Ltchappa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Cutting height snapper2812523BVE rear engine rider

Can I raise the cutting height on my 28 rear engine rider.Tires are inflated correctly.The lowest setting the deck just sits on the ground on flat cement surface in my garage and at the highest setting it seems to cut a little low about 3 inches or less. Is there an adjustment that raises the deck front and back a little more to get a higher cut. My deck is level and I know how to do that adjustment. It seems that the cutting height has gone a little lower over the 12 years. I bought this mower in 2006

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Can I raise the cutting height on my 28 rear engine rider.Tires are inflated correctly.The lowest setting the deck just sits on the ground on flat cement surface in my garage and at the highest setting it seems to cut a little low about 3 inches or less. Is there an adjustment that raises the deck front and back a little more to get a higher cut. My deck is level and I know how to do that adjustment. It seems that the cutting height has gone a little lower over the 12 years. I bought this mower in 2006

SORRY... our crystal ball is having an "Off-Day" and can't read your MODEL # .. all it says is re-read post # 2

Lawn Addict
Threads

Don't know anything about raising your deck, but what you say seems lower over the 12 years is true, likely due to the wheel bushings/spindles wearing & the deck hanging brackets the same, you get a wheel off the ground & give it a jiggle, I bet it is looser than you ever imagined.

Ltchappa

Forum Newbie
Threads

:thumbsup:
Don't know anything about raising your deck, but what you say seems lower over the 12 years is true, likely due to the wheel bushings/spindles wearing & the deck hanging brackets the same, you get a wheel off the ground & give it a jiggle, I bet it is looser than you ever imagined.

I did find out how to raise the deck front and rear at the same time.I have a 28inch 2006 rear engine snapper rider. First remove the plastic deck cover it has 2 short screws in front and 2 longer bolts in the rear. Once that cover is off you will see on the right a long threaded bolt
With a 9/16 nut on the end,turn that nut with a 9/16 socket.Turn that nut in too expose more rod threads maybe about a 1/4 inch.Take note of your starting point,I have now a taller cutting height.You also have to readjust the 2 chains that bring up the rear of the deck.My deck is slightly higher in the front and that’s in the snapper owners manual.The raising of the deck is not in the manual.