2018 Toro MX5075 for $2800

warren3527

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all!

I now have an acre+ of lawn to cut at my place and the riding mower that came with the place isn't gettin' it!

I'm wanting a zero turn!

I found one for sale not too far from me. It's a 2018 Toro 50" MX5075. It is supposed to have 40 hours on it as the guy just bought it this past June. He's asking $2800. They are $4000 new.

He started working for a landscaping company and can just use that equipment to do his own lawn now, freeing up the need for the MX5075.

I plan on using it for my home only so no need for something totally commercial. He says he has all the paperwork and I would expect the warranty will be transferable.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 00l0l_9SAW5cSP5w1_1200x900.jpg
    00l0l_9SAW5cSP5w1_1200x900.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 10

Johnbt

Threads
I have a 2015 MX5050 with a 24 hp Kohler - a similar mower, but no suspension seat. I mow about 1.5 fairly rough acres of weeds, clover, sticks, pine cones and clay dust and it does a great job. The yard was pasture 25 years ago and not much has been done to it. This year has been the year of the crabgrass due to constant rain and thunderstorms and the mower has done a really good job of handling it when it's dry enough to mow the overgrown mess. It's been a problem for everyone on the street. In addition to the rain, the water table is only 20' down (we have a shallow well) and there's heavy dew every single day in addition to some fog off the James River.

The price looks great, compared to the $4199 sticker - heck, compared to anything. Mine had a similar sticker and I paid $3899 including delivery 20 miles away.

Looking at the specs, the MX 5075 has "HG-ZT2200 transmissions", while mine has 2800's that are a little larger and allow for oil and filter changes. Don't plan on towing much. The Toro engine is a few cc's smaller than the Kohler KT735, but gets an extra 0.5 hp on the rating.

And you get a larger foot rest. :)

How can you go wrong at that price?

Background:

Before I bought the Toro I used a 2000 MTD Yard Machines for one summer that had cost $999 at Lowe's. And then it ate the carb, etc., and I gave it away and bought the Toro. I know what it cost because my fiancee's late husband saved the paperwork. It had a 16.5 hp twin-cylinder B&S and 42" deck. Great engine when it was running. Thought about buying a new carb, but the steering was completely loose with no control between 9 and 3 o'clock so I just sort of ricocheted around the bumpy clay yard. And all that was after I took 3 weeks to get it running. It had been sitting 2 years and the oil was black sludge and I replaced the fuel lines, all the filters and the oil got changed twice before it would run for more than 2 minutes. I had to put the handle off the floor jack over a breaker bar to get the blades off. Jeez. It cut nicely with new blades. Slowly.

I love my Toro.

Last spring I bought my 85-year-old uncle a new Deere X-380. He has some hills to mow so a zero turn wasn't an option. Then his health got worse and he couldn't use it. This spring I rented a trailer and drove the 80 miles to get it. It's a great mower, but steering wheels are so old school. And you have to press a button before you can mow in reverse. And pedals - it has pedals. :) But it has cruise control which I don't use because I'm dodging all of the plants in the yard. I put Oregon G5 blades on it last week and I'm going to try mulching the leaves this year instead of raking and blowing them into the woods. We'll see, and then maybe I'll sell it. Or not.

warren3527

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! Sounds like you've had some luck with your machine....

I was thinking the same thing, at that price...