Engine Not Firing

7Snyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 36 Encore Walk-behind belt drive with a Kawasaki FC420V and it recently stopped firing. I have replaced the fuel filter, and coil. Still nothing. Then i replaced the spark plug and once I did this the mower fired up on the first pull and ran for about 3 hours and randomly died again in the middle of cutting. I don't think the mower is firing again. If anyone has an idea on what the problem could be please respond.

Thank you,
Thomas

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
check air filter for replacement, take another look at spark plug, did you adjust air gap at coil to .010. fresh high test gas with fuel treatment & oil & filter for replacement. remove blower housing above flywheel & clean engine by hand, i use a shop vac.

7Snyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
check air filter for replacement, take another look at spark plug, did you adjust air gap at coil to .010. fresh high test gas with fuel treatment & oil & filter for replacement. remove blower housing above flywheel & clean engine by hand, i use a shop vac.

The air gap to the coil is fixed and cant be adjusted due to the holes for the coil but i will check it. I did an oil and oil filter change in April of this year but i will check the oil color. I will try a fuel treatment, look at the plug, replace the air filter, and clean the engine. After this I will get back to you. Thank you for the help so far.

7Snyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
So just an update on my mower for anyone else that it may help. I took it to my local shop and had it diagnosed and they have determined it is the ignition igniter (image attached). I will be replacing that sometime this week to hopefully solve my problem.

John R

Threads
So just an update on my mower for anyone else that it may help. I took it to my local shop and had it diagnosed and they have determined it is the ignition igniter (image attached). I will be replacing that sometime this week to hopefully solve my problem.

No image