HRR2165VXA engine won't turn off

drwall16

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, I am a noob here, I attempted to use the search function for similar threads, but didn't find one.

Anyways, I have a the HRR2165VXA, it runs and mows great, but recently it started to not turn off when I move the throttle lever to the off position. For a while I was able to manually push the throttle body lever forward to kill it (not sure the actual name, but the lever that the throttle cable attaches to), now that isn't doing the trick either. I have tried replacing the throttle cable, but that has not taken care of the problem either. The easiest way for me to turn the mower completely off is by putting it in the stop position, then engaging the blades.

Any ideas of what my problem would be?

Thanks in advance for the help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, I am a noob here, I attempted to use the search function for similar threads, but didn't find one.

Anyways, I have a the HRR2165VXA, it runs and mows great, but recently it started to not turn off when I move the throttle lever to the off position. For a while I was able to manually push the throttle body lever forward to kill it (not sure the actual name, but the lever that the throttle cable attaches to), now that isn't doing the trick either. I have tried replacing the throttle cable, but that has not taken care of the problem either. The easiest way for me to turn the mower completely off is by putting it in the stop position, then engaging the blades.

Any ideas of what my problem would be?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Follow the throttle cable down to where it joins onto the engine.
Loosen the screw and move the wire.
If you look behind all the rods & levers you will see a small micro switch that a lever comes across & pushes in to stop the engine.
It is a little tricky because a single wire has to go far enough one way to close the choke while going far enough the other way to trip the kill switch.

The choke is the butterfly nearest to you on the carb so it has to move to the stop with the cable in the start position.

It is a little fiddley

drwall16

Forum Newbie
Threads
Follow the throttle cable down to where it joins onto the engine.
Loosen the screw and move the wire.
If you look behind all the rods & levers you will see a small micro switch that a lever comes across & pushes in to stop the engine.
It is a little tricky because a single wire has to go far enough one way to close the choke while going far enough the other way to trip the kill switch.

The choke is the butterfly nearest to you on the carb so it has to move to the stop with the cable in the start position.

It is a little fiddley

Thanks for all of the great info. Do you know the name of the micro switch (or is that the actual name)? It appears that mine has decided to quit working.