"STACK-PULLEY" on B&S / MURRAY Rider

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Out of curiosity, has anyone changed their stack pulley because it was thought to be, or actually WORN ?? I can understand belts wearing, I change mine every year, on the cutting deck, but it seems now, my DRIVE belt ( crank to VARIATOR ) is fairly loose ( I just changed that, and ALL the idler pulleys (4) on the mower back in March, ) it just SEEMS, the mower isn't moving as fast as it used too, looking at my drive belts (transaxle & drive-belts get changed together) the primary drive-belt looks loose, NOT WORN ... I'm wondering if I should put out the bucks for a NEW stack-pulley ( VERY hard to find.. Murray P/N 1001136 ) OR.. try a cheap NON-OEM belt = $10.00 thats a lil bit shorter ... the NEW pulleys I did find, cost anywhere from $45.00 to $97.00, if the El-Cheapo belt works, I would try to find an OEM quality belt in the same size, I'm not enjoying this much, as instead of fighting everything from below I remove the entire fender assy. & console ( about 45 min ) but it does save a lot of skinned knuckles and $157.19 worth of swear words ( :laughing: ) ..... SO .... has anybody found their stack-pulley to actually be worn, and exactly how can you be sure it is worn ( when it still looks good .. no specs available that I could find )

DSCN1571.jpg ......... old pic but I go through this yearly

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
look closely at the root of the V.
If it is polished then the pulley is kaput.
I do 1 or 2 a season on mower that are around 10 years old or better.
Lots of stack pulleys will fit just make sure the one you pick comes from a mower with variable pulley drive.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
look closely at the root of the V.
If it is polished then the pulley is kaput.
I do 1 or 2 a season on mower that are around 10 years old or better.
Lots of stack pulleys will fit just make sure the one you pick comes from a mower with variable pulley drive.

Thanks for your input, I'm hoping a shorter belt will do the trick, pulley looks OK ...... Belts are CLEAN

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check your deck hangers for wobbled out holes.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Decided to get the NOS pulley while it was available, gettin to be a rare item, besides the used 24HP twin I bought came without one, so now that's made the purchase worthwhile ...... already received it, looks brand newbie !! ..:thumbsup:

STACK PULLEY.JPG