24HP V-Twin B&S - Fault driving me CRAZY!

Neo7

Threads
Hi All,

Thought I'd give you all an update on thing.

After a lots of fuss (getting the Gasket set and Inlet port O-ring), 3 evenings back I put the engine back together, leaving the cover and Flywheel Fan off just for a quick test. I had to bolt the engine down so I could tighten the Flywheel nut and start her up. So the next morning I came out, bolted the engine down but forgot to tighten the Flywheel nut!!! :ashamed: .... Engine started and promptly sheared the Flywheel key :frown:
Fitted a new key and started her up 10 seconds later there's pop, pop, pop which sounded just like the original problem but 30 second after that I noticed lots of smoke coming off of the exhaust box and the engine was getting too hot too quickly. So switched her off on the assumption that I've bent a valve or push rod. Total running time wasn't much more than a minute. Grabbed my IR Temp device and checked the temperature on both cylinders....
# Cylinder one was 44 degrees C (107.6 F)
# Cylinder two was 96 degrees C (204.8 F)!!! ... Like something has gone wrong in cylinder two!!

So I took the head of of cylinder two again and took off the springs. Couldn't find anything major except the Inlet valve has a tiny wobble (less than 0.5mm) when I spin it in an electric drill. Maybe it's a problem but can't tell without replacing it with a new one.

I'm getting ready to order parts would it be Ok to reuse the head gasket that's only been run for 1 minute?... Looks like new.

Merry Christmas!!
Neo

Threads
Yes you'll be okay reusing the gasket... It should just peel off real easy..........

Joyeux Noel et Bon Anne' Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads
What do you mean by INLET port gasket ???? Intake gasket ??? The round one orange colored ??? Heck I could have mailed you a set in the mail.....

Inlet valve is the intake valve ??? If it wobbles then the valve is bent , and a bent valve is a NO GO ......

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Neo7

Threads
"Inlet port O-rings" ... Yes the orange ones recessed into the plastic Inlet Manifold ... Couldn't find the part here ... All good now but thanks anyway for the offer. :thumbsup:

Neo7

Threads
B&S have shut down for 3 weeks in Australia so it's proving to be impossible to get the Inlet Valve I need (792200). Can anyone of you guys supply this valve and ship USPS to Australia? I can can pay you PayPal so you get the money straight away.

Many thanks.
Neo

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
USPS would be a 3-week shipment.

Neo7

Threads
USPS would be a 3-week shipment.
Yes I know (sometimes they are quicker) but my more local B&S Supplier is the same (possibly 4 weeks) and they are behaving like idiots too :laughing:

Threads
The number you gave 792200 is a valve............. It's not the round orange flat style O gaskets you said earlier .......

Let me know some more info Mon Ami ~!~!

Neo7

Threads
No no, I'm looking for the "Inlet Valve" now... that number is correct.