24HP V-Twin B&S - Fault driving me CRAZY!

Neo7

Threads
Thats the rubber on the intake seal...... It straightens out when the push rod goes in....
Yep that's true. My one is seeping a little so if the rubber seal comes with the Gasket kit I'll replace it ... I'm assuming it just pulls out?

I took the crankshaft out today and have a cope of questions....

This looks like a chip to me? ... Or is it a feature? ... There are no marks on the Crankshaft at all.
Bearing.jpgPan.jpg

I watched Taryl's video on swapping engines from one mower to another. He highlighted the need to have the right generator to accommodate battery charging when an electric PTO on the Mower but wasn't clear on how you tell one from the other .... Is this a high output generator?
Gen.jpg

All the best.
Neo

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep that's true. My one is seeping a little so if the rubber seal comes with the Gasket kit I'll replace it ... I'm assuming it just pulls out?

This looks like a chip to me? ... Or is it a feature? ... There are no marks on the Crankshaft at all.
View attachment 41746View attachment 41747

I watched Taryl's video on swapping engines from one mower to another. He highlighted the need to have the right generator to accommodate battery charging when an electric PTO on the Mower but wasn't clear on how you tell one from the other .... Is this a high output generator?
View attachment 41748

All the best.
Neo

THIS might be of help ......

www.promotor.fi/galleria/alternator_replacement.pdf ........ see last few pages

Neo7

Threads
Wow Boobala, thanks so much for sharing that Education Guide. There's lots of great information in there.... Do you have any other B&S Guides you could share?

All the very best.
Neo

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow Boobala, thanks so much for sharing that Education Guide. There's lots of great information in there.... Do you have any other B&S Guides you could share?

All the very best.
Neo

UHhhhh YEP... I'll have to go N dig it up, I've got a good deal of PDF files which won't upload on the forum, but send me your email address in a PM and I can send throgh the email ( usually) depends on their size .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6WmE7pPKs&t=94s

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/n...ng-lawn-mower-engines/intek-series-vtwin.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHSMYJoQXvM&t=33s

REGULATOR.PNG..............View attachment briggswiringexplanation[1].pdf..............WHICH HUSQV IT CAME ON.PNG

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sent you an email, did it come through ..???

Threads

View attachment 41746View attachment 41747

View attachment 41748

All the best.
Neo

That nick you see is an oil port..If I'm Not mistaken .........

Neo7

Threads
Well that's a load off my mind ... Thanks Boudreaux ;-)

Neo7

Threads
Ok rebuild in progress.

Does anyone know the bolt tightening specs for my engine 40777-0128-E1 ...
  • The Conrods?
  • Head bolts?
  • Valve Rocker bolts?
  • Crankcase cover?

Many thanks.
Neo

Threads
Look up Briggs engine specs ad you will see a site that has a PDF file .. Open that then look your engine series number up on the left and it will tell you all your info.