Repairs craftsman walk behind trimmer

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
if you disconnect the wire that you made it should start. also you can probably connect an on/off switch to the end that you grounded and attach it to the engine somehow, and it should also work.

Threads
they are broken :(. should I order another one ? Or is there a way i can make it work?

Also if i disconnect the ground wire i made it should start ? right? :ashamed:

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot this was in the Craftsman section.. I usually stay on the main Briggs section....

The one I have is not here in my shop, it's in storage with a bunch of future project engines in boxes on top of it...

Yes if you take the wire off at the coil it will start, if it's a good coil...... You will have to kill it by removing the plug wire with a screwdriver...., or leave the wire on the coil and let it hang out air shroud then touch it to a bolt or anything metal........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

ice

Threads
Sorry for the late reply. I forgot this was in the Craftsman section.. I usually stay on the main Briggs section....

The one I have is not here in my shop, it's in storage with a bunch of future project engines in boxes on top of it...

Yes if you take the wire off at the coil it will start, if it's a good coil...... You will have to kill it by removing the plug wire with a screwdriver...., or leave the wire on the coil and let it hang out air shroud then touch it to a bolt or anything metal........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!
Ok great!!!! it fired right up first pull:)) thank to all for the help. Before I put it back all togethr,How do I make a kill switch and put it on ? thank you in advance to all:wink:

Threads
Ok great!!!! it fired right up first pull:)) thank to all for the help. Before I put it back all togethr,How do I make a kill switch and put it on ? thank you in advance to all:wink:

Well if you can put a switch on the cosmetic cover that will save a lot of wire... Wherever you put a switch take the wire from the coil and attach it to the switch....... Then attach a wire to the other leg and attach that to a metal screw or small bolt...........

ice

Threads
Well if you can put a switch on the cosmetic cover that will save a lot of wire... Wherever you put a switch take the wire from the coil and attach it to the switch....... Then attach a wire to the other leg and attach that to a metal screw or small bolt...........
All to all , I dont like the switch idea. does any one on here know where i can order the correct part ? Only because i am going to post on craigslist. Thank you

Threads
All to all , I dont like the switch idea. does any one on here know where i can order the correct part ? Only because i am going to post on craigslist. Thank you

Gonna need a model type and the code #'s from the engine itself...... Then we can look up the part you need ........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!