Repairs craftsman walk behind trimmer

ice

Threads
it won't start. I replace the coil and I still don't think I am getting a spark.
I will take a pic of strange green ground wire with plastic covering around a hook. I replaced with one I made and just grounded it to the linkage of the carborator. hope someone has experience with this,i am kind of stumped. Thank you

Threads
Yea a pic would be nice and a make and model number too............Of the engine I mean ~!~!

Threads
I have a Craftsman walk behind trimmer also with the Briggs engine on it........

ice

Threads
I hope these pictures help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
it won't start. I replace the coil and I still don't think I am getting a spark.
I will take a pic of strange green ground wire with plastic covering around a hook. I replaced with one I made and just grounded it to the linkage of the carborator. hope someone has experience with this,i am kind of stumped. Thank you

that is the ground/kill wire. The hook makes contact with a piece of the throttle control pivot when you move the throttle control to the idle/off position to shut off the engine. If that wire is grounded it won't allow the plug to spark.

ice

Threads
oh, that's my problem then. but how does the thing screw in?? its all plastic?

ice

Threads
I have a Craftsman walk behind trimmer also with the Briggs engine on it........

Hi Boudreaux, Is there any way you could take a picture of the carborator leakage? please. Want to make sure I put it all back together correctly:ashamed:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
oh, that's my problem then. but how does the thing screw in?? its all plastic?

It doesn't screw in. If you look at the metal plate above the carb, there is a 5/16 screw head just to the right of the muffler, behind that is two diagonal holes with a rectangular slot to the right of the screw. the plastic kill tab should have two snap in tabs that go into those two round holes when inserted from the bottom of that metal plate with the hook in the slot. It looks like your locking tabs on that plastic piece may be damaged.

Hopefully somebody can post of picture of that throttle plate with the plastic kill tab installed.

ice

Threads
It doesn't screw in. If you look at the metal plate above the carb, there is a 5/16 screw head just to the right of the muffler, behind that is two diagonal holes with a rectangular slot to the right of the screw. the plastic kill tab should have two snap in tabs that go into those two round holes when inserted from the bottom of that metal plate with the hook in the slot. It looks like your locking tabs on that plastic piece may be damaged.

Hopefully, somebody can post of picture of that throttle plate with the plastic kill tab installed.

they are broken :(. should I order another one ? Or is there a way i can make it work?

Also if i disconnect the ground wire i made it should start ? right? :ashamed: