Anyone find a decent "high lift" blade replacement for a 260z?

Benny1013

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Anyone find a decent "high lift" blade replacement for a 260z?
My OEM blades are due to replacement. Hoping someone has some good experience with replacement, aftermarket blades. I was interested in the "gator" brand blade but they don't offer a high lift or mulching option for my mower. I don't have a mulching kit but thought the different lift blades may do a decent job of lifting, cutting and re-cutting the grass? Any advice would be appreciated.

Johnny C

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking for same for HD ZT 52. Have original blades and I want to try high lift or other to see if dispersion and or mulching is improved. Even with dry grass the "throw" isn't really very far out, maybe a row or so.

tbzep

Threads
I'm looking for same for HD ZT 52. Have original blades and I want to try high lift or other to see if dispersion and or mulching is improved. Even with dry grass the "throw" isn't really very far out, maybe a row or so.
Wow. Mine (ZT HD 52) throws the crap out of it with the OEM blades. Even with the rubber extension down it goes well beyond a 52" cut. With it up, it throws it into the next county. ;)

NealS

Threads

We just purchased 9 Oregon G6 mulching blades off ebay from fix_my_toys.com for 108.95 (36.32 per set). Heavier blades than our OEM blades, but have not used them yet. Waiting on weather.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Gators are all technically high lift blades,

Threads
We just purchased 9 Oregon G6 mulching blades off ebay from fix_my_toys.com for 108.95 (36.32 per set). Heavier blades than our OEM blades, but have not used them yet. Waiting on weather.

Neal S Do you have the same HD ZT 52 ???? I'm not sure but the G5 is recommended for yours.... The G6 might be a lil heavier for your mower .....

The G6 thickness is 0.250" and a 1.00" lift ......... G5 is 0.203" and has the same lift of 1.00"

Gotta watch out for Ev Bay sometimes .... They post stuff that's not right for your mower or other stuff........ They get away with it by saying related items...........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

NealS

Threads
Neal S Do you have the same HD ZT 52 ???? I'm not sure but the G5 is recommended for yours.... The G6 might be a lil heavier for your mower .....

The G6 thickness is 0.250" and a 1.00" lift ......... G5 is 0.203" and has the same lift of 1.00"

Gotta watch out for Ev Bay sometimes .... They post stuff that's not right for your mower or other stuff........ They get away with it by saying related items...........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!
Yes, we do have the ZT HD 52 and the OEM blades are 2-1/2" versus the G6 is 3" plus a little thicker. We actually chose this blade because the Oregon site said this was the most aggressive blade. We hope the extra weight might help rather than hinder. Maybe act like a larger flywheel. We mulched a little bit with them today. So far, so good.

Threads
Yes, we do have the ZT HD 52 and the OEM blades are 2-1/2" versus the G6 is 3" plus a little thicker. We actually chose this blade because the Oregon site said this was the most aggressive blade. We hope the extra weight might help rather than hinder. Maybe act like a larger flywheel. We mulched a little bit with them today. So far, so good.

Yep that's what I was thinking........ The thickness of them.. That extra weight might help like you said.....

Padroo

Threads
I was thinking Oregon too. I bought a new Ferris IS3200Z at the end of the mowing season and haven't bought spare blades yet. The original on mine work good but Oregon is at the top of my list other than OEM.