Cub Cadet LTX1040 - Surging kinda drives

Cubbie-1040

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am sure this is beat to death so please don't beat me to hard! I have a 2013 Cub LTX-1040 13WX90AS010. I am curious if I am suffering from the shift linkage slipping. I can go forward and back but I will surge when I step on the pedal ( forward or backwards) sometimes I will not be able to move until I kind of rock it back and forth a little. There is a noise, that I tried to get on video but god forbid my IPhone work right lately. Belts and pulleys all seem to be good, when its up in the air the back wheels seem to lock up at times when trying to spin them. Maybe I answered my own question but I was hoping for some one might have more experience with these machines .

Ask what you need to and please like I said don't beat me to hard for being kind of inexperienced!

geelee

Threads
sounds like your transaxle is missing some teeth on one of the gears, its a simple forward reverse system, but at 440.00 bucks to get a new unit not cheap. parts are available, depends on your skill level to repair.

Cubbie-1040

Forum Newbie
Threads
sounds like your transaxle is missing some teeth on one of the gears, its a simple forward reverse system, but at 440.00 bucks to get a new unit not cheap. parts are available, depends on your skill level to repair.

Took the trans out over the weekend and checked out all the gears... all seems fine! I haven’t had the chance to mow yet to see if it’s all good but so far let’s hope!