Toro TimeCutter Z4200 Steering adjustment

sufu05

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new to the forum.

Was cutting the lawn the other day when I realized that my rear wheels are turning at different speeds when the controls bars are pushed all the way forward or backward. The left one seems to run faster then the right one. I've looked all over the internet and manuals to find how to do a neutral adjustment after i jacked up the rear of the mower and one wheel was turning and the other one wasn't. To no avail I turn to you guys.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When ZTR"S were new you could set the neutral point full forward & full reverse for each control arm.
IT was a PIA to do plus by & large a waste of time because you are never cutting grass with both wheels running on a hard dry surface with no slip.
Slowly this feature vanished from the bottom end mowers up to the high end commercials.
If your out of balance gets worse as the units get hot then they are on the way out.
Caught early enough an oil change and a thicker oil can squeeze a few more seasons out of the drives or they can be rebuilt if the rest of the mower has good life left in it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe this will help, you are supposed to slow down the faster pump, NOT speed up the slower one. And changing the adjustment on the nut (not bolt as described in pic) only needs a very tiny movement.

I marked mine with a sharpie to know where they were when I got mine. This way you can always adjust the nut back to where it was.

Sorry for poor pic quality.

Attachments

• howtoadjustSS5060Steeringad.jpg
    howtoadjustSS5060Steeringad.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 48