Grass Ckippings Poll

When mowing close to the street, do you...

• Keep the clippings on the yare?

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Blow the clippings onto the street?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SidecarFlip

Threads
I can't use that excuse, Darryl. In my case, it's failing eyesight. It's hard to correct what you can't or don't see. I suppose his smart *** answer to that would be to quit posting, which I may do if this place is going to get contaminated with people like that.

Let me tell you bud, I'm 70 myself and readers are 3 bucks for 3 pairs at Walmart so your excuse that you cannot see what you post is... well, BS. Display a little common sens and spell things right, especially an opening post line. Grass Ckipings...you have to be kidding me.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry Daryl, but I have to add one more post. SideCar, you need to chill out or get a life. I’ve got a BS & MS in education, plus four industrial certificates which allowed me to teach on Tech Schools. I have also attended over 100 update schools run by every major small engine manufacturer, plus many run by equipment manufacturers. After 34+ years of teaching and 50+ years of working on small engines, I have found that the most intelligent people are NOT the best spellers or readers. They know their fields and are able to communicate what they know in ways you would not appreciate. I have even worked with Autistic individuals who could probably repair a small engine better than you, but needed help writing down what they. Even with my education I still make mistakes and misspell words. Does that make me and my disabled friends dumbasses also. Even with my faults, members are able to understand what I am trying to communicate and have succeeded in getting the info they are looking for. In your 70+ years you should have learned that not everyone is not a Steven Hawkin. Wait, he couldn’t write and needed a computer to talk for him also. Must be a dumbass also. You can now ignore me, because I am an idiot.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry double post, tried to edit, me bad.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Adding valuable content is what it's all about. Rivets is a valuable contributor here and deserves the.respect to not be trolled over spelling or gramitcal errors!

Here's my walk-behind mower mowing my back acreage before the leaves start coming down heavily. Sporting Gator G6 mulching blades.

Attachments

• IMG_20180923_135401707.jpg
    IMG_20180923_135401707.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 7

panabiker

Threads
Keep on the yard. I don't know of anyone who blows the clippings on to the street. I imagine it would be difficult to do once the clippings are on the lawn unless you bag them up while mowing and then dump them on the street. That would make a mess and make your neighbors angry.

Last edited:

John R

Threads
I live in the boonies, the county road commission is supposed to keep the grass trimmed down both sides of the road, if I have to cut it because they don't I let it blow in the road, like all my neighbors do.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can kill or maim a Motorcycle rider blowing grass in the street. Please stop doing that. Grass is like ice to a Motorcycle.

Johnbt

Threads
A few dry clippings is one thing because the first vehicle to go by blows most of them away. Filling the street or road with 4- or 6-inch-deep windrows of wet grass from property line to property line is simply ugly and lazy. Around here they get mashed down and then dry on the asphalt and are stuck there until we have a couple of gully washers to loosen them up a little.

I halfway expect to one day see these people throwing bags of kitchen trash out in the street.

It's 4 miles at 55 mph from our short deadend street to get to the main road and it's always the same people blowing their mess in the road and leaving it. Some of them are commercial cutters for the two subdivisions up near the main road. The bike riders try to go around it and so do the folks towing boats to or from the county boat landing on the James River.

Selluwud

Threads
Its just plain inconsiderate, karma would dictate someone you know having an accident braking on a clipping strewn road on a rainy day. If you blow them on, then blow them off.