Ever worth it to buy 4-cycle No Ethanol Fuel?

Threads
I don't see how fuel stabilizers would do any good. You need to drain ethanol fuel out and even then, if there are components in the fuel system that are incompatible with ethanol, they are already damaged somewhat and will continue to be damaged with further use of fuel contaminated with alcohol.

I've bought the 2-cycle variety just to get the cans.

CPurvis Why do you buy it for the cans ??? Storage for good gas maybe ???

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
CPurvis Why do you buy it for the cans ??? Storage for good gas maybe ???
I use the cans for small amounts of 2-cycle fuel. If I'm going to cut up a downed limb or something like that, I don't need much gas and they pour really well.

edit: "2-cycle fuel" was "2-cycle oil"

Last edited:

itsgalf

Threads
If you have a local Jobber or a bulk plant in your town they sell to the public and have NON ETHO gas......

Down here in Louisiana any Marina or waterfront fuel dock has the cheapest gas and diesel because of no road tax....

So it's way cheaper than at a local store....... Here a link to a site that shows NON ETHO gas pumps in any state..

BTW I looked at Virginia and seen a few hundred............

//www.pure-gas.org/maps

Yeah I've looked up those sites before. They do have non etho in Virginia, until you get to Washington DC suburbs where of course everyone loves regulations around here. Closest one is about a 45 minutes drive. Hard to justify the trip for me.

Anyways, I'll check out some marinas.

stevestd

Threads
From what I have read ethanol is like a cancer to older type engines with carburettors found in lawn mowers and boats, so I would not use it if there is a choice. I haven't used it since 2003 when my new car manual (GM Holden fuel injected) stated that warranty was voided if any ethanol type fuel was used (still runs like a clock). Ethanol free petrol is readily available in Australia in 91, 95 and 98 octane. E10 is available in 91 and 94 octane.