Yta24v48 wont start

Gusg

Forum Newbie
Threads
mowing through a thick patch of grass my mower bogged and cut off. When i tried to start it got nothing. I can still start by bridging the solenoid with a screwdriver. Anyone have any idea why this would be and what i could do to diagnose and fix it?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
mowing through a thick patch of grass my mower bogged and cut off. When i tried to start it got nothing. I can still start by bridging the solenoid with a screwdriver. Anyone have any idea why this would be and what i could do to diagnose and fix it?

The PTO switch is still in the "on" position

Gusg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wish that were the case. With the key on i can hear the pto engaging. But with it pushed in i get nothing when i turn the key to start. No click or anything.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wish that were the case. With the key on i can hear the pto engaging. But with it pushed in i get nothing when i turn the key to start. No click or anything.

Can you still start it by jumping across the solenoid?

If so, does mower die when you lift off the seat?
Check the brake switch also.

You should not hear the PTO clicking...you should hear the carb solenoid...when you turn the key.

The clutch receives power when you pull the PTO switch...if all safety conditions are met. this happens after the mower is running.

Gusg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it will start and run and cut if i jump the solenoid. The engine stops if i get off the seat. Not sure how to check the brake switch.

What i meant about the pto sound... if i turn the key to the run position (but not running) and then pull out the pto, i can hear a click from under the engine. But when i turn the key all the way to start i get no sound at all. Even with tye pto switch pushed in.Thanks for all your help so far! I sure hope we can figure this out, the mower is only a year old.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like a poorly grounded starter solenoid or bad solenoid. If it is only one year old, repairs should be covered under your warranty.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you still start it by jumping across the solenoid?

If so, does mower die when you lift off the seat?
Check the brake switch also.

You should not hear the PTO clicking...you should hear the carb solenoid...when you turn the key.

The clutch receives power when you pull the PTO switch...if all safety conditions are met. this happens after the mower is running.

You can check your brake switch by starting the mower...
Setting the brake
Lifting off seat...
mower should remain running.

Gusg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry it took me a few to get out and mess wit the mower. Rain... so i tested the brake switch and apparently it works bc i can jump the solenoid with the parking brake set and get off the seat and it keeps running. Any other ideas?

gramer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you check the fuse? If it is any consolation I have had to replace the senoide twice within the last two years and mine is a 2016 .Good luck!

Gusg

Forum Newbie
Threads
So i still cant get it to start with the key. Replaced the solenoid and the key switch. Found two fuses under the hood. A 20 amp and a 7.5. Both still good. Im about to wire a push button to the posts of the solenoid and be done with it.