Repairs HRX217HXA RotoStop control lever replacement

GregW_Oregon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had to replace the RotoStop control lever on my 2004 HRX217 HXA and cannot figure out how the return spring installs (I took a photo of the other end of the bar, but Duh). Does someone have a closeup photo of this, please? Thanks, Greg

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had to replace the RotoStop control lever on my 2004 HRX217 HXA and cannot figure out how the return spring installs (I took a photo of the other end of the bar, but Duh). Does someone have a closeup photo of this, please? Thanks, Greg

If you hook up the end you have a picture of...wouldn't that greatly limit the places the other end could hook to and help you find the spot?

GregW_Oregon

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you hook up the end you have a picture of...wouldn't that greatly limit the places the other end could hook to and help you find the spot?
The spring goes at the other end of the control lever - I know where but cannot figure out exactly how it installs to retract the lever. It looks like it should go like this but it's not quite right:

IMG_2874 (002).jpg

GregW_Oregon

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the hole for? a screw holding the spring?
I looked at that, but the spring seems to need to be on the other side of the bar, and the hole does not go through. Also, no screw shown on the parts diagram and I don't remember removing one. I had thrown away that half of the handle that was broken before receiving the new part. Anyhow, thanks for your input. This seems to work:

IMG_2881.jpgIMG_2882.jpg