Gravely 892030 bagger system problem

Benny1013

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey folks - I have a Gravely 260z XDZ 60" mower. I bought it used and it came with the three bucket belt driven bagging system part #892030. Last fall a large rock got caught up in the assembly and bent the impeller and possibly the spindle the impeller turns on. I'll be ordering a replacement impeller soon.

Here is my question...... The guy who sold me the mower had made some "adjustments" to it for whatever reason and so many of the original parts on the blower assembly have been altered. I'm considering getting it back to as close as original as possible. For example, the idler assembly doesn't release as I believe it should so in order to route the belt I have to forcefully stretch it over the deck pulley (which I know isn't how it's supposed to function.) I haven't disassembled everything yet but looking at the parts and owners manual for the bagger, it's difficult for me to understand exactly what the idler pulley / spring / and surrounding guards were supposed to look like and how it was supposed to originally function. Does anyone have this bagger and would you be willing to shoot me some photos of the assembly (specifically the idler pulley and lever) or even better yet, maybe a video of the lever and where exactly its supposed to engage the spring or bolt in order to pull back the pulley?

thanks!!

Benny1013

Forum Newbie
Threads
This weekend I tore the unit apart. I ordered a new impeller and compression spring. Hopefully this gets it up and running like new again. I may have to fork the money over for a new spindle but hoping not to.