PTO Problem

dgmpam

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having a problem with the PTO shutting down on my 2014 Cub Cadet ZForceSZ48, 17AIDGHB010. I have changed the PTO switch and seat switch and am still having the problem. Currently I have the seat switch out with a clamp on it and it is working with the blades shutting off intermittently. I am wondering if my mower has a PTO relay on it somewhere that might be the culprit. Thanks.

Dave Marshall

Mower King

Threads
With an intermitent problem like that.....I suggest, check for a loose wire connection, possibly at the PTO Clutch itself were the wiring plug plugs into the clutch.....also I have seen the wiring pigtail that goes through the frame to the clutch, get a little loose and get up against the deck belt, rubbing the insulation off the wiring causing a problem.

dgmpam

Forum Newbie
Threads
With an intermitent problem like that.....I suggest, check for a loose wire connection, possibly at the PTO Clutch itself were the wiring plug plugs into the clutch.....also I have seen the wiring pigtail that goes through the frame to the clutch, get a little loose and get up against the deck belt, rubbing the insulation off the wiring causing a problem.

Thanks Mower King, I will give that a hard look.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
How's your battery and battery connections? Low voltage can cause problems with your PTO too.

Padroo

Threads
Do you have a wiring diagram? With the wiring diagram a visual inspection of all connections is a good place to start.