2017 ZT HD 52 seat suspension ???

Mowerman5000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found out after I purchased this mower that a suspension seat kit wasn't offered for this mower. I thought I would be ok with it but a couple yards I take care of are really bumpy and it beats me up pretty bad. I found a kit on ebay that looks like it may work with a little modification but I was wondering if anybody else knows of a suspension seat or kit that works well with this mower. I either need to fix this problem or sell this mower and buy one with a suspension seat. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Model 991164
Serial 006282

Last edited:

NealS

Threads
I found out after I purchased this mower that a suspension seat kit wasn't offered for this mower. I thought I would be ok with it but a couple yards I take care of are really bumpy and it beats me up pretty bad. I found a kit on ebay that looks like it may work with a little modification but I was wondering if anybody else knows of a suspension seat or kit that works well with this mower. I either need to fix this problem or sell this mower and buy one with a suspension seat. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Model 991164
Serial 006282

We have the same unit. 78 hours on ours. Started this afternoon to install some softer seat springs we found laying in the shop. Have been looking at some generic suspension seats and think some would work. Am also considering replacing the existing springs with air ride motor cycle seat springs. Some time ago we placed a 2" foam cushion, covered with a towel, one piece for seat and up the back. This helps considerable. Wish those full air ride seats were not so expensive.

Mowerman5000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Went to the mower shop yesterday to see if I could make a pro turn seat work. They told me over the phone it wouldn't but I wanted to see for myself. Found out they ARE going to make a suspension seat for my HD. Their salesman was in the day before and told them because there was such a high demand for one they are going to make a kit to fit.....which was music to my ears. Only bad part is I'll have to wait until the spring of next year. He said worst case scenario next fall. I can hold out. I'd rather buy the correct one for my mower than alter one so it'll work. It's just too quick of a mower to skip out on this option.

mhavanti

Threads
Mowerman,

Here is a video of the ride on an extremely rough yard after installing the Seat Warehouse Suspension Seat Kit and the Hustler Flex Forks.

If there are flex forks available for our mower, get them along with the seat suspension kit. It really makes all the difference in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwPSCW2xwtI

There are probably three of my videos on the flex forks and seat kit.

Be sure to subscribe, hit the thumbs up so others will also see the videos, hit the notification bell to get notified of other videos and please share so you help others see how important the suspension seat kit is if you have back problems.

Good luck,

Max