b&s v twin sigial carb very touchy throttle

1joe

Forum Newbie
Threads
so 18 hp v twin it will idle but if you move the throttle it will miss...if you start it in full throttle it will run then move the throttle it will miss fire. if you unhook the gov and run it by hand it will run but when you move fast it will miss. do you think it is in timing or what stumped.:confused2:

1joe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: b&s v twin singial carb very touchy throttle

so 18 hp v twin it will idle but if you move the throttle it will miss...if you start it in full throttle it will run then move the throttle it will miss fire. if you unhook the gov and run it by hand it will run but when you move fast it will miss. do you think it is in timing or what stumped.:confused2:

joe again I have cleaned and looked over the govener springs are they and still hooked up . if I put it at full throttle and get it to start it will run but if you move throttle it misses and backfires so I don't think it is carb or fuel pump. any suggestion.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads

joe again I have cleaned and looked over the govener springs are they and still hooked up . if I put it at full throttle and get it to start it will run but if you move throttle it misses and backfires so I don't think it is carb or fuel pump. any suggestion.

Why do you need to move the throttle?

I never move mine.
Mowing should be at full throttle.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Why do you need to move the throttle?

I never move mine.
Mowing should be at full throttle.

I can't speak for the OP but I routinely throttle down over bare areas to reduce dust and suction so that I don't dull my blades quite so badly.

1joe

Forum Newbie
Threads
The motor has an issue this is just part of the troubleshooting if I start it and leave it in one position it runs okay if I move the throttle lever the motor jumps and misfires

dfbroxy

Threads
If it has OHC check the valve lash, and while your at it check the valve springs one of them could be broke or weak.