Repairs HU725F

flhman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Picked up a used HU725F push mower the other day, self propelled doesn’t work, problem is with the right front wheel, there’s a snap ring that’s hanging loose behind the wheel, and a round piece of metal that’s broke off, so when you engage it, the wheel just kinda flops forward, so how does one get this apart, hows the wheel come off ? Any and all help appreciated ! Thanks.

flhman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Should of also mentioned that I took the center wheel nut off also, tried wiggling the wheel off, and it won’t budge. My searching around, looks like I need the adjuster/hub ? Just have to get this wheel off. flhman

Dadillac

Threads
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/h...-lawn-mower-parts-c-114486_118261_291322.html

Look at the diagrams they will help you out. To remove the wheel you remove the center nut and pull the wheel off. It may be stuck so using a hammer or mallet will help. I had a HU700F and the front wheels and drive gears needed replacing after 4 or 5 years. My issue was the front wheels inner plastic ring gear wore out. So while I had it apart I replaced everything except the transmission. Wasn't difficult at all. Good luck to you

Don

flhman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I got the wheel off, couple of good yanks and it came off. Everything else looks good, just waiting for parts to arrive now.