LT1018

mystic240

Threads
My neighbor lady has a Lt1018 and I help her with maintenance. After working on it I test mow a little, question; when putting the mower in reverse the deck shuts off, anyway to stop that?
I know John Deere mowers do the same thing but they have a switch or button to push to prevent the deck from shutting off. That gets old in a hurry if moving in a small space.

geelee

Threads
behind the right rear tire there is a tab mechanism with 2 wires, one is green, think the other is yellow. has a spade connecter. unhook spade connecter or cut so it doesn't hit metal on the bare end. I believe in safety systems and they shouldn't be bypassed but the reverse cut out is not big on my list and it destroys pto clutches by the constant off on cycle.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
behind the right rear tire there is a tab mechanism with 2 wires, one is green, think the other is yellow. has a spade connecter. unhook spade connecter or cut so it doesn't hit metal on the bare end. I believe in safety systems and they shouldn't be bypassed but the reverse cut out is not big on my list and it destroys pto clutches by the constant off on cycle.

Don't cut the red wire!!!!
Call the bomb squad first!

That's was an attempt at humor....