bolens pto issue

freshcut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am working on a neighbors bolens 13wc762f riding mower 38". got it started and made some carb adjustments. idles good. but when I engage the pto it dies.
also it seems to be missing a spring to help the tension pully disengage to keep the blades from spinning. it has a spring that adds tension when engaging. seems like its
missing half of it.
so need help with the pto and the spring.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am working on a neighbors bolens 13wc762f riding mower 38". got it started and made some carb adjustments. idles good. but when I engage the pto it dies.
also it seems to be missing a spring to help the tension pully disengage to keep the blades from spinning. it has a spring that adds tension when engaging. seems like its
missing half of it.

You need to remove the deck and check the deck out.
Check the blade spindles and idler pulley for freedom of movement.
The tension arm has to move freely also. I suspect it has notches or cam type action to tighten the belt...a spring is needed to return it to position after PTO handle is moved. grass, rust, etc can interfere with all this.
Few people clean clipping of these areas after they mow.

I can't rap my head around half a spring missing....replace spring with a whole one?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
<deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks...This member need to be shown the door if he posted this 48 times.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
missing half of it.
You need to start with the parts diagram for the deck to see what should be there.
Next remove the PTO belt and try again.
If the engine dies then there is a wiring fault & th mower is seeing a blade engaged with no operator in the seat situation.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert I sure the OP has already straighten this one out already especially since this thread is over two and half years old. Either that or he has some mighty unkept lawn.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Been away for a week ( did ya miss me ? ) & was just clearing out all of the unreads
Obviously this one got revived by the spammer

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Been away for a week ( did ya miss me ? ) & was just clearing out all of the unreads
Obviously this one got revived by the spammer
Yelp it did along with about 40 others.

Nah didnt miss you but you had a good vacation. I took one too at home. It rained, iced, snowed, and was freeze your behind off the whole time and on top of that the internet went out but at least the power stayed on and the one eye monster worked so I only went half batty here.

But I use to it raining everyday of my vacations, Never have understood it does it every time I take, just learned to do it when the garden needs a good rain.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The bike club I ride with gets invited to visit drought prone towns all the time because whenever we turn up for 3 days of riding it rains, usually the hardest it had since the last time we were there.
Good thing is Pommie bikes run better in the rain