Buying Advice Should I switch to Ferris

clarkman5000

Threads
I have been using an IS 3200 Z all week that a salesman has dropped off for a Demo... I am so impressed with this machine and its smooth ride .. I cant believe that I've been riding a new Toro and getting my Kidney's pounded and cant walk after two hours on a Toro .Am I missing something ? Why don't I see these machines around ? The difference is night and day with the Spring / Shock suspension and I can cut 2x as much in a day ..Planning on buying one this spring . Should I be aware of anything Negative ?

rccsofla

Threads
I have the IS700Z and can definitely tell a difference with the suspension.I mow some rough acreage and it makes a difference.

Mower King

Threads
Nothing rides quite like a Ferris and they are built good and strong also. Just found out today that they are gonna build a IS800 model for 2019 that is the smaller frame mower with a IS2100 seat and big front shocks....we ordered some today...SWEET MOWERS!

clarkman5000

Threads
Nothing rides quite like a Ferris and they are built good and strong also. Just found out today that they are gonna build a IS800 model for 2019 that is the smaller frame mower with a IS2100 seat and big front shocks....we ordered some today...SWEET MOWERS!

thanks for the come back

Padroo

Threads
I'm new to the forum and just bought a 32 HP Big Block Vanguard last week for my wife.
She has a TORO 23 HP 52 inch deck that she just loves but it is 14 years old and still in good shape but she said she wanted a new one.
The TORO has a mulching kit under it and a home made striping kit that lays down some nice stripes and she just loves it. They wanted to give
us change for it for a trade in so we just kept it.
So the bar was set, will the new IS3200Z 61" ICD match up to the old TORO? So far the answer is NO.
It is leaving a trail of grass on the right side of the mower and she has to double cut to get rid of it so it does not save time.
I am in the process of checking the deck set up the way the owners manual says it should be, I hope it is that simple.IMG_2192.jpg

The stripes in the picture are from the TORO. The new Ferris has the striping kit on it but it is too high to lay down a good stripe, I will be working on that too.
I have not contacted the dealer yet.

clarkman5000

Threads
I'm new to the forum and just bought a 32 HP Big Block Vanguard last week for my wife.
She has a TORO 23 HP 52 inch deck that she just loves but it is 14 years old and still in good shape but she said she wanted a new one.
The TORO has a mulching kit under it and a home made striping kit that lays down some nice stripes and she just loves it. They wanted to give
us change for it for a trade in so we just kept it.
So the bar was set, will the new IS3200Z 61" ICD match up to the old TORO? So far the answer is NO.
It is leaving a trail of grass on the right side of the mower and she has to double cut to get rid of it so it does not save time.
I am in the process of checking the deck set up the way the owners manual says it should be, I hope it is that simple.View attachment 40583

The stripes in the picture are from the TORO. The new Ferris has the striping kit on it but it is too high to lay down a good stripe, I will be working on that too.
I have not contacted the dealer yet.

I'm not going so much for looks but the Ride .. The ride has me sold hands down . I'd bet if you installed a Rubber deflector shute intead of blocking the deck with the Black end cap that would help ?

Padroo

Threads
I'm not going so much for looks but the Ride .. The ride has me sold hands down . I'd bet if you installed a Rubber deflector shute intead of blocking the deck with the Black end cap that would help ?

I'm sure an open deck would solve the problem but my wife wants to mulch and stripe. Her TORO doesn't do it and it rides fine.
I did check the blade height the other night and the deck is kind of wonky under there. I need to go over the deck setup procedure in the book that came with the mower.
Thanks for the help.:thumbsup: